The Mercedes-Benz Club of America, Inc.
The following editorial policy applies to any Mercedes-Benz Club of America, Inc. (MBCA) communications that are intended for public consumption, including, but not limited to:
- All postings on the mbca.org or similar web sites
- Official publications
- Press releases, print and electronic correspondence available to MBCA members and Guests
Web Content Managers, MBCA Marketing, Sales and Management personnel, Editorial personnel, National Business Office personnel and any other individuals or companies representing the MBCA will use this Editorial Policy to develop content and determine if content they are reviewing is appropriate for public dissemination. Any questionable content should be referred to the MBCA National Business Office (NBO) for review and/or approval.
Content or behavior that is not considered appropriate for release includes but is not limited to:
- Personal, corporate or inflammatory attacks
- Obscene or explicit material or language
- Content that is not directly related to the business of the MBCA
- Content considered trade secrets or content involving the internal business affairs of the MBCA
- Spamming – repeatedly posting the same link on multiple boards or trying to get people to go to another site to buy something
- Trolling – going onto or into a site for the sole purpose of starting trouble or instigating an argument
- Flaming – insulting people because of their beliefs, sexual preference, gender or ethnicity
Members or Guests on any MBCA sponsored web site or in any MBCA sponsored publication that violate this editorial policy may be warned of their behavior or may be prohibited from providing further content. Material that is considered inappropriate may be edited, modified or removed by Web Content Managers, the Editor of The Star Magazine or MBCA NBO personnel.
The MBCA web site takes no responsibility for the content on external sites reached via links from the MBCA web site.
Opinions, ideas and suggestions expressed at www.mbca.org are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of MBCA. MBCA neither accepts nor bears any responsibility or liability for the accuracy of any such opinions, ideas, or suggestions, or the applications thereof. Any representations or warranties (express or implied) with respect thereto are hereby disclaimed by MBCA.